Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tool #11

In understanding how to be good digital citizens I would want my students to:
1. Understand literacy is important. I would teach my students which websites are reliable and which ones may not be and how to know.
2. Understand safety and etiquette when using the Internet. I would make sure my students understand that you never share personal information over the Internet.
3. Understand the use of Internet outside "school life" so that they have the cyber smarts and help others make right choices.
Our librarian teaches an outstanding lesson using the Activ-board and the students are engaged with answering, asking questions, and voting about expectations and usage of the Internet. She uses factual information that relates to the students everyday life and the students come away with information that is useful. Also, signs/posters are placed near computers reminding students the safety and etiquette when using a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment