Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tool #10

I reviewed all of the free Math Apps that the district approved for next year. I enjoyed the fact practice ones such as Match Lite, Math Races Lite, AddEmUpLite, Pop Math Lite. These would be great to use to help students review their facts for the appropriate grade level. I have used my personal ITouch for down time...such as waiting to be picked up from after school tutorials and when my students are done with workshop and are waiting on the time to change stations. One of my suggestion is that before you load an App make sure it is grade appropriate. Several of the Apps that the district has approved are higher level and do not meet the TEKS for K-5 (some involve middle school TEKS). I would also suggest that loading a few first and then adding more choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment